The Del Tura Men's Golf Association
Del Tura Mens Golf Association
The Association was founded and continues to support the many golf tournaments and events at Del Tura Country Club. The following is a partial explanation of the sponsored events and other pertinent information:
1. The Presidents cup is typically played in late fall. All member golfers are invited to play. The format is single elimination with head to head competition. The golfers are flighted according to handicaps. You need to be a member of Del Tura country club to play in this event.
2. The Wednesday morning golf is sponsored by the DTMGA- - there are two leagues—the 18 holers and the 9 holers from which you can choose. Both tee off early—typically 8 AM. You need to be a Del Tura CC member to play in the 18 holers, but not the Gold Flight—nine holers.
DTMGA events with the exception of the nine holer (GOLD) event must be members of the Club. View the bylaws for specific details.
3. The member-member event—Members pair up and play two days of golf low ball and low total.
4. The Member Guest event. Members are playing with a guest of their own choosing, provided the guest is not a resident of Del Tura. The event is followed by a dinner and the presentation of awards. Dress is business casual.
5. The Club Championship is held early in the year and is again an event where members match their skills.
6. The Awards Banquet—held early in January and where golfers are presented their trophies as well as the “Green Jacket” for Del Tura. Dress rules—long pants and jackets.
7. There is a Jack & Jill event generally held in January. Golfers and their partners compete in two person teams.
8. There are several barbeques where all members are invited to a cookout in the courtyard or poolside. Come and enjoy the food and beverages as well as the camaraderie. You must be a member to participate.
9. The DTMGA dues are $25 per annum and are due in December for the following year. They can be paid in the pro shop or given to the DTMGA Treasurer. For new residents and new residents only, you can pay in the Fall and be covered for the remainder of the year and the next year.
10. A Hole in One on the Del Tura course qualifies a DTMGA member for a $50 prize and recognition on a DTMGA plaque. You apply for the prize money in the Pro Shop.
11. The DTMGA meets approximately four-six times per year in the main DT building and all members are invited. DTMGA updates are given by the officers and the Course Manager.
12. The Association has a President, a Vice President, a Secretary and a Treasurer
14. THE DTMGA has a Tournament, Handicap, Rules, Course liaison, Nominating, MEGA, and a hole in one committee. There are chairmen for each committee.
15. There are several group events during the year such as barbeques/refreshments Announcements are made in the Breezeway or by email to the members. If you are not receiving an e mail, contact the secretary.
16. The MEGA committee provides opportunities to visit and play other golf courses in the area.
17. Since there is a pandemic on, you will be advised via e mail as to current events. The dungeon near the cart barn will have postings as well.
19. So, if you are a golfer, join the Association and us for the fun and fellowship.
Co Chair--Don Soper Jay Fitz--Handicap Chairman
Co Chair--Will Rossman Mark Reimer--Rules Chair
Treasurer--Bill Ahern Tournament Chair--Stephen Asper
Hole in One Chair--Dave Denman